Coronavirus: Up-to-date information & FAQ
From 8th of June the library is open to up to 50 visitors at the same time, the duration of stay is limited to 30 minutes.
- Monday - Friday 10:00 - 17:00
- In addition 40 students can use the library to work and study by reserving a workplace online here.
- The validation of the library card for students and members of the German Sport University is now possible at the circulation desk. Borrowing is also open to students from other universities and members of the public, bring your valid identity document and student ID to register a new membership.
- Printers are available on the first floor
Please also take note of the information of the German Sport University Cologne on the Coronavirus here.
Updated on 16th July.
You can borrow items. Please do your research in our catalogue before visiting the library.
You can return your items, please put them into the provided shelfs in the entrance area. Please log into your library account after a minimum of 48h to check if all items were registered properly.
You also can send your items to us via post :
Zentralbibliothek der Sportwissenschaften der Deutschen Sporthochschule Köln
Am Sportpark Müngersdorf 6
Currently 50 visitors are allowed to enter the library for 30 minutes each.
An additional number of 40 visitors can reserve a workspace here. It is necessary to be a registered user in the library and to bring your library ID, otherwise it will not be possible to enter the library.
- Circulation mainly via self-check terminal
- Collection and return of interlibrary loans
- User registration / renewal of library accounts
- Support / advice at the information counter
- Collection of reserved items
- Payment of fees (we prefer card payment!)
- Printers (only on the first floor)
- Reserved workplaces, also computers or laptops with SPSS licence.
It currently is not possible to scan documents or receive keys for the carrels.
Please check in your library account when your items are due and prolong the loan period if necessary (and possible).
Yes, please send your items to the following address:
Zentralbibliothek der Sportwissenschaften
der Deutschen Sporthochschule Köln
Am Sportpark Müngersdorf 6
It is possible to order articles and books. Please log in to the DigiBib as usual to order.
Please return your books at the circulation desk.
We recommend to order documents via subito in urgent cases. You can order books and articles from our library collection but also from round 40 other libaries directly to your home.
Please select the advanced search here and choose "Dokumenttyp" e-book or "Elektronische Zeitschrift" for e-journals.
I am a member of the German Sport University Cologne:
For accessing e-journals, e-books and databases outside the campus it is necessary to use the VPN-Client which must be running before starting your research.
I am not a member of the German Sport University Cologne:
External users can access all e-journals with a green signal via the Electronic journal library.
Yes, a lot of database providers and publishers offer temporary access to additional e-books and other e-resources or extend their services.
You can find more information here.