Accommodation-Funding for private housing
About ten percent of all residents of Cologne are students. Similar to other major cities, there is a shortage of housing for students. The German Sport University Cologne has been supporting its students for many years by running its own dormitories. In order to continue to offer an optimal standard on campus, it has become necessary to completely renovate the buildings. The German Sport University Cologne and the Students' Union will support students in special circumstances with rent subsidies to counteract the limited housing capacities until the dormitories are fully renovated.
First-time students enrolled in the consecutive Bachelor's, Master's and teaching degree programs as well as doctoral students at the German Sport University are eligible for support. In addition to students from foreign partner universities, students who study under difficult conditions and who belong to one of the following groups can be supported:
- Students with children
- Students with disabilities/chronic illness
- Students who are members of a national squad of the DOSB
The programme started in the winter semester 2021/22. The approval period runs currently two semesters. Re-application is possible, assuming that the total funding period of one year is not exceeded. The funding amounts to 250 EUR per person and month. It will be paid on a monthly basis. Further general conditions can be found in the application form. An application requires the following documents:
- application form (incl. duration of the funding, maximum two semesters)
- signed individual letter of application (one page) incl. self-disclosure (motives & need)
- current certificate of study
- if applicable, current proof of squad membership
- if applicable, copy of child/children birth certificate
- if applicable, proof of disability/chronic illness
- copy of the rental contract
The application should be submitted to the Equal Opportunity Office of the German Sport University Cologne via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. The application letter should not exceed one page (Word/pdf document). The application deadline for the winter semester is 31.10. and for the summer semester 30.04. The documents submitted on time will be checked and evaluated by a commission with representatives from all areas. Only complete and appropriate documents can be considered for the award.