Thanks and first information on the summer semester 2021
Dear students of the GSU Cologne,
First of all, we would like to express our great thanks to everyone for their enormous efforts in mastering the current situation. In addition, we would like to thank all teachers and students who are currently involved in courses in attendance for their exemplary and conscientious consideration of the necessary safety and hygiene regulations.
Furthermore, we would like to use this email to announce an initial strategic plan for the coming summer semester 2021, which the President´s Office agreed on at its last meeting:
1. For the summer semester 2021, we are currently planning to hold practical sports courses and seminars in attendance, as far as this is justifiable in the context of the pandemic and is made possible by the current regulations of the state. Therefore, the teaching organisation has planned or organised seminar rooms and halls for a corresponding attendance semester.
2. Large lectures take place online (i.e. those with > 30 students registered in the LSF).
3. Small lectures (up to approx. 30 students) are treated like seminars in terms of organisation and hygiene (see point 1.).
4. The course catalogue for the 2021 summer semester is expected to be available for viewing in LSF on Wednesday, 10 February 2021.
5. The lecture period is still scheduled from 12.04.2021 - 23.07.2021 as previously announced.
6. No "propaedeutic week" is planned.
7. As announced, aptitude tests will take place from 26-28 May 2021 (only for students already enrolled) and from 17-24 July 2021 (for all applicants). Restrictions in this regard, especially for practical sports courses in the last week of the semester, will be arranged in the course of the next few weeks.
8. By 12.03.2021 at the latest, the President´s Office will publish an update of the current strategic plan, in which the current regulations of the state of NRW will be taken into account.
With this initial information, we hope to be able to provide orientation and a little planning certainty and wish all those involved all the best for the examination phase that now follows and for the upcoming preparations for the summer semester.
With best regards,
Heiko Strüder (President)
Jens Kleinert (Vice President for Studies, Teaching and Quality Management)