The Central Library for Sport Sciences is the university library of the German Sport University Cologne and the biggest specialised library of sport and sport sciences in the world.
The library provides fast and up-to-date supply of information worldwide, not only as a partner for studies, teaching, research and sport practice, but also for everyone of the general public interested in sports.
- We choose items and literature covering all aspects of sport topics and provide them quickly and geared towards the demands of our users.
- Our online catalogue is user-friendly and the items are therefore easy and quick to find.
- We are committed to giving qualified help and support in doing research and finding your way around the library.
- We offer a productive and comfortable work atmosphere.
- We offer high quality infrastructure and modern technical equipment.
- We preserve our items to guarantee long-lasting use and access.
- We offer apprentice- and internships and integrate disabled people in our work environment.
- We constantly participate in trainings and develop our knowledge.
- The foundation of our team cooperation is respect, confidence and politeness.
The mission of the Central Library for Sport Sciences, as an integral part of the German Sport University Cologne, is to support studying, teaching and research programmes of the university by providing access to information through acquisition, organisation, and preservation of literature. We aim to offer attractive services and promote Cologne as an interesting centre of education. Our vision is to intensify the cooperation with other libraries and grow as a future-oriented information facility.