M.A. Dance Culture V.I.E.W.
V.I.E.W. (= Teach, Dance, Evaluate, Know) is the only Master's degree in Advanced Studies in the field of dance at a German university.
The course targets performers, teachers and academics with experience in dance and movement who are interested in understanding very varied dimensions of dance culture physically and theoretically and who would like a creative academic approach to dealing with movement.
In the course of the degree artistic, educational and academic theory and practice are interlocked and acquired in 5 module strands:
- Methods of teaching, improvisation, directing and staging
- Theory and practice of dance and movement culture
- Creativity, art and teaching theory: theoretical basics and connection to practical work
- Movement culture as reflected in selected related sciences
- Relation to occupational fields
- Successful completion of a relevant undergraduate degree of a minimum of 6 semesters OR
- Proof of ability to engage in academic work
- A minimum of one year´s experience in a dance-related area of work
- Entrance exam in dance/movement
- Proof of language proficiency (for international applicants)
Graduates of the M.A. Dance Culture are educated for positions in the area of dance at schools, universities as well as foundations and federations.