International Master’s Degree Programmes
The GSU is happy to announce the following information from it´s partner-university in Finland:
Get your Master’s in Sport Sciences from Finland! Apply 7 – 20 January 2021!
The University of Jyväskylä is one of the largest and most popular multidisciplinary universities in Finland. The Faculty of Sport and Health Sciences, unique in Finland, offers three state-of-the-art programmes in the field of Sport Sciences. Our programmes are conducted in English, and they combine theory and practice so that students develop practical, analytical, and research skills for their future careers. We welcome students of any nationality with a relevant Bachelor’s degree to apply for our two-year tuition-free (EU/EEA citizens*) international Master’s programmes, which lead to an officially recognized Master’s degree and qualify for doctoral studies. The next application round begins on 7 January 2021. The studies will begin in autumn 2021.
- Master's Degree Programme in Biology of Physical Activity(120 ECTS) educates academic experts who understand the interactive mechanisms between different physiological systems and physical exercise, and their theoretical background. The programme offers three fields of specialisation: biomechanics, exercise physiology and science of sport coaching and fitness testing. The programme graduates are qualified to work in expert position at sport and fitness centres and academies, research institutes, medical rehabilitation centres, sports organizations, wellness companies etc.
- Master’s Degree Programme in Psychology of Physical Activity, Health, and Well-Being (PsyAct) (120 ECTS) aims to provide high-standard research and practice-oriented master’s level education through English in Sport and Exercise Psychology. PsyAct is the only university level programme in sport and exercise psychology in Finland. The programme is centered around the systematic application of behaviour change theory and methods to design, implement and evaluate interventions in the area of physical activity promotion and sport performance enhancement. The students will be equipped to address physical activity and health challenges and support the translation of evidence into practice across disciplines and sectors.
- Master’s Degree Programme inResponsible Management and Business of Sport (RESPO) (120 ECTS) is targeted to the future sport managers and professionals. The programme is a new form of co-operation between the School of Business and Economics and the Faculty of Sport and Health Sciences. The combination of these two fields creates a high-quality study environment and student experience. The core of the programme is to understand the areas and objectives of management and business of sport in various types of sport organizations and to apply principles of responsibility and ethical thinking. The programme gives in-depth knowledge and skills to plan and execute strategic and tactical activities in managerial and expert positions related to management in today’s sport society.
Why choose our Degree Programmes?
- First rate courses taught by experts in the field
- Applying the most current teaching methods and research findings
- High-class sports and lecturing facilities
- Excellent academic and practical support from the staff
- Comprehensive services organized by the university
- An international atmosphere in beautiful and safe surroundings close to nature
- No tuition fees for EU/EEA citizens
The University of Jyväskylä is an exceptionally attractive place to study at with its combination of top-quality education and research, technologically advanced campus, safe and stable society, unique Nordic nature and landscape, and a wide range of sports and cultural events and activities. JYU hosts students from nearly 100 countries around the world every year. Are You one of the future students of JYU?
International Master’s Degree Programmes/Faculty of Sport and Health Sciences/University of Jyväskylä, Finland
- Biology of Physical Activity (MasterBPA)
- Psychology of Physical Activity, Health and Well-being (PsyAct)
- Responsible Management and Business of Sport (RESPO)
Webinar on our programmes: 5 November at 15:00 (GMT+2). The webinar link will be sent by the end of October.
Application period: 7 – 20 January 2020 at 15:00 (GMT +2)
*Tuition fee: no tuition fees for EU/EEA citizens | non-EU/EEA citizens 8000€/10 000€ | possibility to apply for a scholarship
Duration: 2 years (120 ECTS credits)
Teaching language: English
NOTE: Collecting official study documents, completing the English proficiency test and filling in the application form takes time. Remember to start the application process on time if you intend to apply to one of the programmes! Please check the detailed eligibility and application requirements from the programme website.