Internship within Europe
ERASMUS+ enables the funding of exchanges not only to partner universities but also to companies and institutions in shape of an internship within Europe. Hereby the applicants are free to chose any given company/institution that seems suitable, or draw on previous experiences of fellow students. For more information please contact Evelyn Hinz (contact details in the right column).
If the program leaders are in agreement, the internship can be recognized and accredited within the respective course of studies.
The German Sport University has been awarded the
ERASMUS Charta for Higher Education (ECHE)
by the European Commission.
European Policy Statement
describes the strategy, objectives and priorities of the GSU within the framework of the ERASMUS+ program (2014-2020).
ERASMUS+ Student Charta
comprises the rights and duties of students within the framework of the ERASMUS+ program.
- Fully enrolled student status at the GSU
- Internships must be identified and contacted by the applicant
- Internships in EU institutions as well as institutions that administer EU programs (national agencies) cannot be funded.
- Internships can be funded from the first university year onward.
- The internship must last at least two months and must offer a full-time position. The maximum duration is twelve months.
- Proficiency in the respective language.
Prior and following the mobility a mandatory language test is required. During the mobility an online language course is available, currently in English, French, Italian, Spanish, Dutch and German. All tests are serviced by the Online Linguistic Support (OLS) and can be accessed after a successful application through the International Office of the GSU.
The application must be complete and submitted at least four weeks prior to the begin of the internship to the International Office (main building, room 104). The application must be submitted as a hard copy original!
A complete application consists of:
- Print-out of the application form
- Informal introduction letter: Contact details of the student, exact dates of the internship, name of hosting institution of the internship incl. address, country.
- The signed (europass-) CV in the respective language which can be accessed here
Please fill it out with your personal data and add a passport photograph.
- Signed Exposé: approx. 5 pages
The expose shall include a description of the respective country, the city, the internship position, the potential tasks during the mobility and an outline of how the applicant can benefit from the mobility in terms of his/her personal and/or academic career.
- Language acquisition
The Language acquisition should list information from primary school level through secondary to university level. Additionally, exchange activities, language courses, studies of foreign languages etc.
The whole application should be written in the language of the respective country or in the respective working language.
ERASMUS+ funding of internships:
The monthly funding depends on the respective countries and project year.
To receive funding, the minimum duration of the internship abroad is two months. For the academic year 2017/2018 and 2018/2019 the applicants can receive funding for a maximum duration of three months. In case of a longer stay it is therefore possible that the duration of the applicants' stay can vary from the duration of the financial funding.
Students studying with disabilities can apply for additional funding.
Please note: Travel and other expenses are NOT covered by the funding!
|Countries group 1: 520 Euro per month|
Dänemark, Finnland, Irland, Island, Liechtenstein, Luxemburg, Norwegen, Schweden, Vereinigtes Königreich
|Countries group 2: 460 Euro per month |
Belgien, Frankreich, Griechenland, Italien, Malta, Niederlande, Österreich, Portugal, Spanien, Zypern
Countries group 3: 400 Euro per month
*The division of the programme countries into groups has changed slightly in project 18/19.
Countries group 1: at least 350€ per month
Denmark, Finland, France, Great Britain, Ireland, Italy, Lichtenstein, Austria, Norway, Sweden
Countries group 2: at least 300€ per month
Belgium, Greece, Iceland, Croatia, Luxemburg, Netherlands, Portugal, Slovenia, Spain, Czech Republic, Turkey, Cyprus
Countries group 3: at least 250€ per month
Bulgaria, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Macedonia, Poland, Romaia, Slovakia, Hungary
+++ Until further notice, all appointments and personal meetings can only take place following prior arrangement by telephone or e-mail.+++
- The Withdrawal Agreement foresees that the UK will continue to participate in the current 2014 2020 EU programmes, including Erasmus+, as if the UK was an EU Member State until the closure of the programmes.