"Deutschlandstipendium" - Apply for a scholarship
In order to participate in the award procedure of the “Deutschlandstipendium” scholarship for the winter semester 2018/2019, the submission of the complete application documents until August 11th 2018 is required. The application period starts on July 2nd 2018.
The following documents are to be enclosed with the completed and signed application form:
- Signed curriculum vitae in tabular form (not to exceed two pages)
- Signed letter of motivation, including explanations of the professional objectives, voluntary commitments, name and address (not to exceed two pages)
The following documents/certifications are to be attached:
- University entrance qualification
- If applicable: current certificate of enrolment (only for students)
- If applicable: letter of admission for a university place for the winter semester 2018/2019 (only for freshmen); applicants for a master’s degree need to hand in the letter of admission upon receipt without delay. Should the selection of the scholarship recipients take place before the letter of admission is issued, GSU will check internally if the university place has been granted.
- If applicable: certificate of vocational training
- If applicable: current transcript of records of the previous academic history, including the average score (prerequisite for a scholarship for high-achieving students is an average score of not less than 2,0). The average score is required in any case!
- For students enrolled in the teacher training degree programs: in addition a transcript of record, including an average score, of the second university (University of Cologne) is required (in case the corresponding grades are not specified in the transcript of records of GSU)!
- If applicable: proof of squad athlete status (for high-performance athletes)
- If applicable: proof of athletic achievements (for high-performance athletes)
- If applicable: copy of the child’s/children’s birth certificate/s, proof of family obligations
- If applicable: proof of disabilities/chronic diseases
- If applicable: proof of the own or parental migration background (birth certificate or parent’s birth certificate)
- If applicable: proof of internships or a “voluntary social year”
- If applicable: proof of social commitment
- If applicable: other documents supporting the application for the scholarship
In case of questions regarding the “Deutschlandstipendium” please contact the scholarships office: