Students and applicants* can apply for a Deutschlandstipendium from July 01 to September 11, 2022.
Please check in advance whether you meet the eligibility criteria for the Deutschlandstipendium in general. Click here for the eligibility criteria and the guidelines of the DSHS Cologne. The guidelines also clearly define the eligibility criteria for competitive athletes, for example.
Important: Starting in the winter semester 2022/23, German national cadre athletes (PK, EK, NK1) will have the opportunity to apply for the NRW Sports Foundation Scholarship. You can find more information here.
Click here to access the online application form: URL: https://bewerbung.dstip.de/dshs-koeln
You have to register once in the system and can then log in, continue or change your application until the application deadline.
The following documents/evidence in PDF form are required for the application:
- Curriculum vitae in tabular form (maximum two pages, attached to the online application as a PDF file in the appendices)
- Letter of motivation including explanations of professional goals, volunteer work, use of scholarship money, name and address (maximum two pages, attached to the online application as a PDF file in the appendices)
- Certificate of social commitment/voluntary work
- University entrance qualification
- If applicable, current certificate of enrolment for the WS 22/23 (only for students)
- If applicable, notification of admission for a study place for WS 22/23 (only for first-year students); applicants for a Master's programme should submit their notification of admission upon receipt. If the recipients have been selected before the notification of admission has been received, the DSHS will check internally whether the place has been granted
- If applicable, training certificate
- If applicable, proof of a professional activity (reference; no part-time jobs)
- If applicable, the current grade table for the course of studies to date, including an average grade calculated by the Examination Office (a prerequisite for funding for high-performing students is an average grade of at least 2.0). Important note: The average grade is urgently required in any case and must be calculated by the Examination Office! If the student intends to apply for the "Deutschlandstipendium", it is the student's responsibility to ensure in good time that the corresponding grades are entered by the teachers so that an average grade can be calculated. First-year students or students who do not yet have any meaningful grades apply with the last final grade (e.g. high-school exam grade, Bachelor grade)
- For teacher training students: In addition, the grade table + calculated average grade of the University of Cologne/Siegen is required (if the corresponding grades are not shown in the grade table of the DSHS Cologne)
- If applicable, current proof of membership of respective squad, membership of a German national team (for competitive athletes)
- If applicable, proof of sporting success (for competitive athletes)
- if applicable, copy of the birth certificate of the child(ren), and proof of family responsibilities
- If applicable, proof of disability/chronic illness
- If applicable, proof of your own migration background (birth certificate)
- If applicable, certificate of internship or "Voluntary Social Year"
- If applicable, other documents which favour funding
A checklist for the required documents/evidence can be found here.
In questions of interpretation and in the event of any contradictions between the German and the following translated version, the German version shall legally apply.