The President’s Office is the leading board of the German Sport University Cologne. Its chairman, the President, is the university’s ambassador and is the senior person among the academic staff.
Besides the President, the current President’s Office also includes the Provost and five Vice-presidents. Each of the Vice-presidents is responsible for specific areas of the university: “Studies, Teaching and Quality Management", “Research, Scientific Staff and Young Academics”, “University Development Planning, Resources and Appointments”, Knowledge and Technology Transfer" and "Communication, Digitalisation and Diversity". The Provost is the head of the administrative staff. Tasks include supervising the finances of the university and representing the President in legal and administrative matters. The President and the Provost are full-time members of the President’s Office.
Univ. Prof. Dr. Heiko Strüder
- Vice-President of Studies, Teaching and Quality Management:
Univ. Prof. Dr. Jens Kleinert
- Vice-President of Research, Scientific Staff and Young Academics:
Univ. Prof. Dr. Hedda Lausberg
- Vice-President of University Development Planning, Resources and Appointments
Univ. Prof. Dr. Christoph Breuer
- Vice-President of Knowledge and Technology Transfer:
Prof. Dr. Anja Niehoff
- Vice-President of Communication, Digitalisation and Diversity:
Univ. Prof. Dr. Thomas Abel
Find out more about the team here.